Running Events and News
- How Nike Got An Insane Deal On The 'Swoosh' Logo
25 Jul 2014 at 6:10pm
In 1971, Phil Knight — who now has an...
- Reebok Bacon fuels CrossFit Games
25 Jul 2014 at 4:06pm
That's right, Reebok Bacon. Amidst breathtaking performances from extraordinary athletes, the CrossFit community received a surprise when the Reebok Bacon Box food truck rolled in offering throat-tickling salty treats. That's not all: actual boxes of the bacon were delivered to athletes' homes.
- Interesting News on the Finger-Shoe Front
25 Jul 2014 at 3:09pm
I am a fan of Vibram Five Fingers running shoes, as I have made clear every so often. I was wearing my trusty Vibrams when I passed the "Haynesworth Test" four years ago. I've worn them as I ...
- SMT/IDS to Provide Broadcast, in-Stadium Services for the 2014 Reebok CrossFi...
25 Jul 2014 at 1:38pm
SMT/IDS, the leading provider of data integration, graphics presentation, scoring solutions and on-site services to live sports and entertainment events and broadcast networks, con
- Brett Hales, Lindsey Dunkley cruise to victory in Deseret News Half Marathon
25 Jul 2014 at 4:06am
SALT LAKE CITY — When it comes to the Deseret News Half Marathon, Brett Hales has definitely hit his stride. After...
- Laganside 10km road race is launched and deadline for entries is fast approac...
24 Jul 2014 at 11:54pm
The popular 2014 Pure Running Laganside 10K Road Race was officially launched yesterday. The event will be held on Sunday 7th September at Ormeau Park.
- (RRW) Athletics: Keflezighi To Compete AT New Balance Falmouth Road Race
24 Jul 2014 at 11:47pm
Reigning Boston Marathon champion and 2004 Olympic silver medalist Meb Keflezighi will compete in the New Balance Falmouth Road Race on August 17, race organizers announced today.
- Dame Helen Mirren's 12 minute exercise plan
24 Jul 2014 at 11:30pm
Helen Mirren swears by a 12-minute fitness plan, but will it work for everyone
- Running Central becomes nation's largest independently-owned running shoe sto...
24 Jul 2014 at 10:08pm
PEORIA — The Peoria riverfront is off and running. With its recent move to the former site of the Illinois Antique Center at 311 SW Water St., Running Central opened as the nation’s largest independently-owned running shoe store, said co-owner Adam White.
- Under Armour Eyes Global Playing Field As Strong Q2, Views Bolster Ambitions
24 Jul 2014 at 9:13pm
Under Armour stock hurtled to a new high Thursday after strong second-quarter results bolstered the fitness gear maker's ambitions to grab the spotlight as a global brand. Driven by gains in apparel and ...
- Longmont's Shoes & Brews grand opening this weekend
24 Jul 2014 at 9:12pm
A combination running store and microbrewery might sound like a strange idea to some, but the founders of Longmont's new Shoes & Brews say it makes perfect sense to them.
- Hash House Harrier’s Red Dress Run Announces Partnership with New Orleans Hot...
24 Jul 2014 at 1:41pm
Red Dress Run on August 9th Will Bring Thousands to New Orleans in a Fun Run to Benefit Numerous Local Causes (PRWeb July 24, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12041745.htm
- Kirsten Sweetland wins Canada's 1st medal of Commonwealth Games
24 Jul 2014 at 12:32pm
England's Jodie Stimpson pulled away from Sweetland down the stretch of the closing running leg to win the first gold medal of the Games. Sweetland finished five seconds behind, and England's Vicky Holland came in 15 seconds back to take the bronze. Calgary's Ellen Pennock crashed during the bike portion of the event and suffered a broken collarbone.
- ACTIVE Network Lifestyle Panel Reveals Gender Trends in Running
24 Jul 2014 at 12:00pm
ACTIVE Network™, the leader in cloud-based Activity and Participant Management™ solutions, today released an infographic illustrating gender trends in running. In partnership with Running USA and their national Runner’s Survey, ACTIVE Network ™ polled 1200+ members of the ACTIVE.com1 endurance community.
- How to look like a Dame in just a few minutes
24 Jul 2014 at 6:45am
Helen Mirren swears by a 12-minute fitness plan, but will it work for everyone, says Judith Woods
- Adidas Energy Boost for Women & Men
24 Jul 2014 at 5:22am
Adidas brings Energy Boost with an improved fit, look and feel to help runners embrace the road with confidence and style.
- Mike Richmond: Add some fun with trail running
24 Jul 2014 at 12:10am
Many of us are logging more mileage in the summer for fitness and/or in preparation of fall race events.
- Nike introduces World Cup uniform for Spain's men's basketball team
24 Jul 2014 at 12:09am
Nike is not an official FIBA World Cup sponsor, so the tournament is called "one of basketball's most important events this September"
- A New Nike Baseball Glove That Comes Broken In
23 Jul 2014 at 10:22pm
Back in the day, breaking in your baseball glove was a summer rite of passage. Nike is looking to make that process obsolete.
- Nike Has Been Kicked Out Of Its Own Home
23 Jul 2014 at 7:06pm
The IAAF World Junior Championships began on Monday in Eugene, Ore., the birthplace of Nike, Inc. If you've ever been to Eugene, you know that the only thing more conspicuous than green and gold is the superfluity of swooshes. But not this week. Read more...