Leather shoes have always been one of the favorite shoes among people. People use leather shoes for casual, occasional, official, and other purposes. But using leather shoes continuously can reduce the durability and the shiny look of the shoes. For this reason, polishing the shoes quite often is need.
However, there are many waxes available for polishing shoes. Choosing the best and suitable one is very important for one’s leather shoes. Choosing an inappropriate wax can cause damage instead of protecting the shoes from harm.
Best Shoe Wax
Therefore, here is a list of the 10 safest, suitable, nontoxic, and best shoe waxes.
1. Saphir Medaille d’Or Mirror Gloss
For those persons who want a shiny and mirror type finish after waxing their shoes, this shoe wax would be a good choice. The shoe wax is made for giving shoes a very nice and new look. The polish is made by following Montan wax, Carnauba wax, & Beeswax formula. To make it suitable for shoe manufacturer perfectly balanced it with turpentine solvent. Also, the polish is available in different colors including brown, black and neutral. The manufacturer didn't use any harmful resin and silicon to make the wax.
This wax can be used for leather made boots, shoes, sneakers, and also for bags. Using this wax is very easy. One just needs a very clean chamois cloth. Use the cloth and take a thin layer of wax and apply it over the shoe. Then let the wax dry. After drying it up use a drop of water and rinse the surface of the shoes in a circular motion to get the magical touch.
Brand: Saphir Medaille d'Or
- Wax weight is 0.22 pounds.
- Used Montan wax, Carnauba wax, & Beeswax formula to make the wax and balanced with natural turpentine solvent.
- Available in black, brown, and neutral colors.
- Can be used to polish leather shoes, boots, sneaker, and bags.
- Very easy to use to polish shoes.
- Provides a glossy and mirror type finish to the shoes.
2. Lincoln Stain Wax Shoe Polish
If anyone wants to provide their shoes a nice shiny touch then they should choose this wax. The Lincoln Stain Wax Shoe Polish is available in a varied range of colors. This polish will enhance the look of the shoes and make you feel worth the investment. The wax not only provides a premium look to the shoes but also protects the shoes.
To make the wax manufacturer used Carnauba wax and other ingredients. The wax is waterproof and also it supports leather shoes.
- The shoe wax is imported from the USA.
- The product weight is 60 gm.
- Available in many colors.
- This wax is waterproof and will support leather shoes in any condition.
- Dimension of this product is 2.794cm (L) x 8.128cm (W) x 8.636cm (H).
3. Angelus Perfect Stain Shoe Wax
Want to restore your old shoe colors then get this wax. This Angelus Perfect Stain Shoe Wax gives elegant color to the leather. This quality wax is made by blending Carnauba wax and beeswax. The high quality materials give life to the faded shoes. Along with a nice and shiny look, the wax protects the shoes and makes shoes durable. Using this wax is very easy.
Also, if anyone is facing a problem with finding a navy blue color wax then they can get check the list of the colors of this wax. This was is available in a variety of colors including navy blue, white, black, brown, dark brown, red, neutral, and many more.
- The wax is 4.87 ounces weighted.
- Available in a huge variety of colors.
- Perfect to restore the color of old shoes and leather things.
- The wax is capable to protect the shoes from water.
- The manufacturer used Carnauba wax and beeswax to construct this polish.
- Provides elegant color to the leather.
4. Shoe Polish Wax by Care Guys: Black Wax
Make your shoes look brand new with this shoe polish. The shoe polish is a complete polish kit. The polish contains a shoe polish wax, one sponge, and one polyester shine cloth. The wax package comes in polish ready mode. That means with this shoe polish kit one doesn't have to spend extra money to get a sponge or any cloth to polish their shoes.
The shoe wax not only gives the shoes a very nice and brand new look it also protects the shoes from rainwater and from humid situations. Also, it is very easy to use. To open the lid of the wax simply press the writing “Press Here” on top of the lid. Then start polishing the shoes with the sponge and cloth.
Brand: Care Guys
- 3.21 ounces weighted package.
- Comes in a complete polish kit.
- Contains shoe polish wax, sponge, and polyester shine cloth to polish shoes.
- Protects the shoes from rain and humid situations.
- Easy to open the lid and easy to use.
5. Lincoln Shoe Wax Polish
Want to make your shoes durable and look new every day? Then get this shoe wax. This product comes in two wax packs. The Lincoln Shoe wax is a special type of stain wax that is specially made for leather shoes. This stain wax is appropriate for leather shoes. Use this wax over your leather shoes and ensure durability and get a shiny look on your shoes. This stain wax will also protect the leather shoes from water.
But while using this polish one must make sure that they have cleaned their shoes very well. Or else the shoe won’t get the perfect touch and won’t get the shiny color.
- The product contains 2 wax packs.
- 8.78 ounces weighted product.
- Used premium Carnauba Wax with a blend of other fine materials to make this stain wax.
- This wax is appropriate for leather and corfam shoes.
- Extends the durability of the shoes.
6. Saphir Pate de Luxe Leather Shoe
This shoe wax is suitable for those persons who want to give their shoes a very high glossy look. The Saphir Pate de Luxe wax is available in many colors. It is made of high quality bee wax with carnauba and turpentine extract.
With this wax, give the shoes a very shiny look in a very short amount of time. The best part about this wax is that it won't provide any gasoline petroleum smell. Another important thing about this wax is that there are no harmful materials like resins and silicone used in it.
Brand: SAPHIR BEAUTÉ DU CUIR
- Wax weight is 0.1 kg.
- Available in many colors including black, dark brown, incolor, medium brown, and many more.
- Used quality bee wax with carnauba and turpentine extract.
- Give shoes a very shiny look in a short amount of time.
- Doesn’t provide any gasoline petroleum smell like other wax.
- No harmful materials are used to construct the wax.
7.Lincoln Shoe Wax Polish
Want to give a new touch to your footwear wardrobe? Then this wax polish would be the best choice. This Lincoln Shoe Wax comes with a 3 pack of shoe polish. All of the polishes are premium quality and suitable for shoes. The pack contains black, brown, and colorful shoe wax. Users won't get disappointed after purchasing this shoe wax.
Because the wax will give a shiny look and will add durability to the shoe life. The manufacturer used imported carnauba wax and premium ingredients to make the wax suitable for the shoes. The high quality and premium materials of this wax made the wax waterproof. With this shoe pack, one can easily maintain all the leather shoes in their footwear wardrobe easily.
- The weight of the wax package is 11.2 ounces.
- The package is enough to shine all the shoes in the footwear in the wardrobe.
- The wax package contains black, brown, and neutral colors.
- carnauba wax and premium ingredients used to make the wax.
- Give a shiny touch along with protecting the leather shoes from water.
- Add durability to the shoe life.
8. Angelus Shoe Wax Polish Black
If anyone wants to give their leather boots a long lasting shine they should get this wax. The Angelus Shoe Wax Polish Black is a 3 pack package. This wax package contains 1 black, 1 brown, and 1 neutral color wax. These three shoe wax packs are constructed by beeswax and carnauba wax. Each of the packs is weighted 3 ounces. The shoe polish is waterproof that enhances the life of the shoes.
With these 3 packs of shoe wax, give your shoes a long lasting shiny look along with smoothness and color restoration. Polish your shoes with this high quality wax and give long life by protecting the shoes with the help of this wax.
- This item is a 3 pack wax package.
- The total weight of this package is 12.8 ounces.
- The package has black, blue, and neutral color wax.
- Water repellent characteristics of this wax made it protective for shoes.
- Made of high quality beeswax and carnauba wax.
9. Otter Wax Leather Salve | 2oz | All-Natural
Give the leather shoes a natural look with this shoe wax. The wax will provide a rich look to the shoes and will protect the shoes from future harm. The wax is not only made for leather shoes but it can be used for any type of leather materials such as bags, hats, and many more.
The manufacturer used premium materials to make this wax. They used quality natural waxes, oils, and butter for this wax. There is no use of any harmful or toxic chemical which made this wax safe for every leather product.
Brand: Outter Wax
- 1.59 ounces weighted wax.
- Natural and premium quality materials are used to make this wax.
- No toxic or harmful chemicals are used for this wax.
- Can be used for multiple leather products like shoes, hats, and many more.
- Waterproof wax gives back the life of shoes with its rich materials
10. Angelus Perfect Stain Shoe Wax Polish
Are you worried about your leather shoes because the color is fading? Then worry no more you can get back the color of your shoes with the help of this product. This Angelus Perfect Stain Shoe Wax Polish is made of very rich quality materials which retain the color of old shoes. Also, it restores the color of faded shoes with a glossy and nice look.
The manufacturer blended beeswax, carnauba wax, and other rich wax and oil to make this shoe polish. Manufacturer uses their original old formula which was founded by the founders of this company in 1907. This wax is made in the USA and available in many colors. Though they use their old formula the wax is very suitable with modern shoes.
- Manufacturer uses their very old formula to make this wax.
- Constructed by blending rich wax and oil with beeswax and carnauba wax.
- Available in many colors and suitable for leather shoes.
- 7.04 ounces weighted product.
Buying Guide for Shoe Wax
Choosing the perfect and suitable shoe wax is kind of hard. As there are so many shoe polishes available in the market it is quite natural to get lost to select the best one. But the thing is with improper wax one can damage their favorite and luxurious shoes easily. Therefore here are some important considerations one should follow while buying shoe wax
Materials- Shoe waxes are made of many materials. Different manufacturer uses different types of materials to construct their shoes. Some use artificial materials and some use natural materials. Choose the materials considering the safety of the shoes. But make sure to choose natural materials because with the natural materials there won’t be any harm to the shoes. Also, make sure the wax contains premium and quality wax materials like beeswax or carnauba wax. Because good quality natural waxes will keep the shoes in good condition and will protect the shoes from water.
Harmful Chemical- The one thing a wax buyer must consider is the chemical. Some manufacturers use chemicals to make their shoe wax which is very harmful to shoes. Chemicals like silicon and petroleum can reduce shoe durability. Also, chemicals in wax will provide a bad odor which feels very uncomfortable. Another problem with the chemical is that chemical can darken the color of the shoes. So to protect the shoes from harmful chemicals make sure the wax you are buying doesn't have any harmful or toxic chemicals.
Easy to use- This depends on the type of lid of the wax. Some wax comes with a hard lid which is very uncomfortable to open and takes time. But there are some waxes that contain a lid which just needs a simple press to open. Make sure to check the type of the lid in order to get a user friendly and easy to use wax.
Which is Better Shoe Polish or Shoe Cream?
There are differences between shoe polish and shoe cream. They come with different benefits. Each of them is better for different purposes.
Basically, shoe polish will provide an extra shine and glossy look to the shoes. Polishes are suitable to remove scratches and scuffs out of the old shoes. To get back the old shinny and glossy look of the leather shoes the shoe polish would be a better choice.
On the other hand, if anyone wants to get back the color of their old shoes and want to protect their shoes from harm then the shoe cream would be suitable. The shoe cream is very suitable to support the shoes and won't come off easily from the shoes. To give a long lasting protection and to restore the old color of the shoes the shoe cream would be perfect.
What does Shoe Wax do?
Wax polish is used to give a shiny look to the shoes. The wax is a perfect shoe polish that can bring back the shine of the old shoes. Also, shoe waxes can be used to remove scratches from the shoes. Moreover, these are used for casual and classic shoes.
How Often Should I Wax my Shoes?
There is no limited time when one should wax their shoes. However, the answer to this question depends on the usages of the shoes. If one uses their leather shoes continuously then they should wax their shoes once or even twice a month. And if they use their leather shoes for occasional purposes they should wax their shoes 1 to 2 times in 6 months to retain the durability and to protect the shoes.
For protecting the leather shoes from harmful situations and holding the durability of the leather, one needs to polish their shoes. One of the types of shoe polish is wax. Shoe waxes are suitable to restore the shine and glossy look of leather shoes. But all the shoe waxes are not suitable for leather shoes as there are some shoe waxes that contain harmful chemicals that can damage the leather.
For these reasons, in our today's article, we have given a list of the 10 best shoe waxes and also a buying guide in order to protect your favorite leather shoes.