Traveling through Europe can be an overwhelming experience. You get to see some of the most mesmerizing urban and natural landscape. But there’s a difference between Europe and the rest of the world. Most of the European streets are made of cobblestones, not concrete. Though there’s no arguing about cobblestones beauty, they are actually very hard to walk on. Walking on cobblestones can make your feet sore with your normal shoes, let alone walking barefoot on them.
What you need is specific best shoes for walking around europe that can make your Europe expedition a special one. We know what the best shoes for walking on cobblestones are, and we won’t let you experience the pain that most first-time travelers go through in Europe. What’s better is that all the shoes that we are reviewing for you are available for both men and women with the same features!
- 1 Our Top 6 Shoes for Walking on Cobblestones
- 2 Best Shoes for Walking on Cobblestones
- 3 Conclusion
Our Top 6 Shoes for Walking on Cobblestones
Best walking sandals for europe on Cobblestones
Best Shoes for Walking on Cobblestones
Here is a list of shoes that are perfect for walking on cobblestone pathways.
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology - ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- Guidance Line Midsole Technology - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
A shoe that is made with ASICS special Impact Guidance System, this is one of the best travel shoes for europe . Guidance Line Midsole Technology of this shoe enhances your gait efficiency. Flytefoam Propel and Lyte Technologies took the cushioning to another level, giving you ultimate comfort wearing it while being extremely lightweight.
This shoe not only gives you comfort wearing on cobblestones but also Fluidride Midsole takes this into the tier of some of the best durable shoes out there.
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width, "EE" = Wide width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a medium to high arch looking for neutral support.
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability—yet it feels lighter than ever.
Brooks is around for a long time. Their ability to make great best walking shoes for travel in europe made them one of the most trusted brands. Ghost 11 is a result of continuous improvement for a long time. A very lightweight shoe that has high energizing cushioning for your walking convenience. The foam insole is removable and provides greater underfoot comfort and support. Its full-length Segmented Crash Pad can accommodate any foot.
While its Omega Flex Grooves gives natural forefoot movement so that you can walk in ease even in surfaces like cobblestones. If you are looking for one that is versatile, this is the one for sure.
Starting from a just men’s footwear, Cole Haan came a long way with their product range. But they still excel at what they started with, making footwear, now for both men and women. This style shoe is said to be their lightest shoe ever. This rubber sole shoe is unquestionably good for wearing in cobblestones.
While the Cole Haan Grand.OS technology provides the ultimate comfort, it is not behind in style too. It is perhaps one of the most stylish walking shoes for travel. The knit upper of this shoe makes some additional room for your feet, so we suggest you to buy at least ½ sizes down from your usual shoe size.
- Iconic: the New Balance 574v2 sneakers boast the best of retro style and modern Design elements. Featuring the signature silhouette sneaker heads have loved since the '80s, these iconic sneakers are a must-have in your shoe closet
- High-tech: 574v2 have built-in technology for long-term wearability. Encap midsole cushioning combines soft foam with a durable polyurethane rim to deliver all-day support
- Comfortable construction: these Sneakers are crafted for your comfort. They feature a lightweight upper so your foot won't feel constricted and a foam cushioned heel for a cloud-like feel. The rubber outsole is built to last wear after wear
There’s hardly any discussion needed about how good New Balance shoes are. And this sneaker is the greatest example of their excellent craftsmanship. A hundred percent textile and synthetic shoe, it is perhaps their most famous shoe ever.
One of the most comfortable walking shoes for Europe, it is widely used good european walking shoes for europe and the US alike. That is because this shoe provides highest level of comfort with a classic look. Excellent for wearing on cobblestones, this ever popular shoe can be just the shoe that you are looking for.
Leather shoes don’t get better than this! This shoe is made with a flexible synthetic sole. It also has Memory Foam Insole, which is very soft and gives an unparalleled comfort of wearing it. The build quality is extremely good, and it will surely last longer than most shoes in the market, even if you wear it regularly on cobblestones.
Men and women versions are a bit different, as the women’s version has padded tongue and collar, unlike the men’s version. The women’s version also has super lightweight shock absorbing athletic midsole, which may help in case of heavy using. All in all, this could be a very good shoe not just for walking cobblestones but also in the gym!
- Bungee lace capture system
- Cleansport NXT for natural odor control
- Hydrophobic mesh lining. Non-marking rubber outsole. Compression molded EVA midsole
Looking for a shoe that can help you in adventures to come, or a long city walk or more? KEEN Whisper sandals, specially made for women and babies, can be your next stylish walking shoes for europe for travel while being highly comfortable.
You can walk hours in cobblestones, wearing their sandals. With rubber sole and bungee lace capture system to protect your feet, you won’t feel disappointed wearing this. Metatomical Foot bed Design provides excellent arch support. This shoe is also washable, so don’t worry about it being dirty at any point.
Cobble stone pathways are part of European heritage. The best shoes for walking on cobblestones are those that are pleasant even when the surrounding is rough. We have considered many shoes as a contender for the best shoes to wear on uneven surfaces and these are the shoes that stand out. The above-mentioned shoes performed astoundingly well in our test and they are sure to give you a very good experience wearing on cobblestone shoes.
Additional Resources to Travel On Europe:
- Europe 101 – Introductory guide to planning a trip to Europe.
- Europe flight cancellation – Read about the process and steps for reimbursement for Europe flight delays and cancellations.
- Visiting Europe in winter – Here are some of the best traveler picks.
- Warm places in Europe? – Here are the warmest places to visit in Europe from December through March.